Thursday, November 6, 2014

Real Life & New Cut Files!

This has been a fun, busy week as our new Design Team has started sharing their first projects here on the Blog!  And they've got lots more to come!  It's my turn today, and I am here to share a layout with you, using the new cut file sets that are available in The Cut Shoppe today!  Here's what I created, using the Word Up cut file and the Pop Caps cut file.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/209880280/the-word-up-cut-file-consists-of-4?ref=shop_home_active_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/209879498/the-pop-caps-cut-file-includes-6-icons?ref=shop_home_active_3

I wanted to create my own pattern for my background paper, so I repeated the Real Life phrase from the Word Up cut file set, in Silhouette Studio.  Once I had all of the words in place, I sent it to my Cameo and used the Black sketch pen to draw out the words.  I removed one of the phrases at the bottom of the layout, to create a title area.  I enlarged the words Real Life and cut them from patterned paper and then attached them to the layout, using pop dots to add dimension.  And the icons from the Pop Caps cut file set made perfect embellishments to place around my photo area.  

And I just couldn't resist using Sketch #281 from Creative Scrappers for my layout!  It was perfect for what I had in mind for my design, and creating my own background paper!


Now, make sure you head over to The Cut Shoppe to check out all of the new cut files that are in the Shop today!  Here's a look at what you will find!


Supplies:  Word Up Cut File & Pop Caps Cut File:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Puffy Stickers, Enamel Dot, & Fabric Sticker:  American Crafts; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Gelatos: Faber-Castell; Wood Drop Stickers:  Pinkfresh Studio; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Sketch:  Creative Scrappers; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

2 comments: