Thursday, January 21, 2016

Sweet Beautiful You

It's no surprise, that I LOVE background cut files!  I just can't resist using them, especially when there is also multiple patterned papers involved!!  So there was no way I could pass up using the new X to the O 12x12 background cut file on my layout this week!



https://www.etsy.com/listing/264855622/the-x-to-the-o-background-cut-file-is?ref=shop_home_active_1

When I started the layout, I knew I wanted to use the cut file, but couldn't decide on whether to use a patterned paper behind the cut file or go with the White cut file on a White cardstock background look.  I decided to go with the White on White look, to make the patterned papers I chose for the inside of the X's and O's stand out.  And usually when I back a cut file like this, I try to choose a collection that has a 6x6 paper pad that I can use.


Once the background was complete, I tried to decide on the design for the rest of my layout.  I was really indecisive about this one.  HA!  But I think it was because I had too many ideas going on, instead of not enough.  In the end, I chose a grid design, because I really wanted to use the cut out phrases from the Maggie Holmes Shine paper.  And I liked that the grid kept everything clustered, so that the work on the X to the O background cut file still stood out.


The X to the O background cut file isn't the only new one this week!  We also have two other new sets in The Cut Shoppe, so make sure you visit the Etsy Shop to check them out.  Here's a look at all three new sets!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment