Friday, June 3, 2016

Hangin' Poolside

As soon as I saw the Girl Stuff and Boys Rule cut file sets, I knew I'd like to create a sort of clothesline for the outfits. I could picture them cut from various pretty patterns and strung up across the paper, but had no idea how I'd incorporate that idea into a scrapbook page...until now. 

On my layout Hangin' Poolside, the T-shirts (Boys Rule) and jeans (Girl Stuff) hang on a length of baker's twine, while the kids in the snapshot hang out poolside for the requisite swim team photo:


The line of aqua-patterned clothing pokes fun at my title and becomes a major design element on the page. Everything else is easily layered, starting with a bold black and white patterned paper. Next, subtle prints of blue and aqua are stacked haphazardly, along with a string-tie envelope. The lightest paper acts as both photo mat and journaling spot.

Pen-stitching adds a bit of detail to the T-shirts and jeans (cut down for shorts):


Check out all of the cool designs (titles, accents, and more) in these two cut file sets:




Which is your favorite, and what will you create? Me, I've got plans for the word "beautiful" from Girl Stuff! ;)

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment