Tuesday, August 2, 2016

To Me You Were the World

One aspect of scrapbooking that has been a driving force for me is using creativity to record some of my life's most heartfelt moments. This past May my very dear uncle passed away and this layout captures exactly what he meant to me.


To begin this layout, I used the Road Trip cut file from The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store (find it here), and cut three of the same shape in differing sizes using white card stock.
 


When I started the project, I had a completely different photo and look in mind but changed everything about halfway through. I started looking through masculine papers and embellishments but love the floral and plaid designs in Fancy Pants Designs' Life is Beautiful collection.



Each cut was backed with a different patterned paper and then layered on top of one another with foam squares.


Next, I added the photo and began embellishing around it with ephemera from the same collection.


For the title, I used alphas from the Wish Season collection. I used two different colors to make each statement in the title stand out from the other.


To finish the project, I did a bit of hidden journaling. The heart is attached to the tag so it stays in place and doesn't get lost in the layers.


Thank you visiting today and I hope you are inspired to record those special memories you hold dear. Happy creating!




 

2 comments: