Thursday, October 20, 2016

Jedi Master

Halloween is almost here, and we've got some new cut file sets in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store that are perfect for documenting your Halloween memories!  My layout today, features a photo of our furry family member, Baxter.  We recently stopped at Pet Co., and the doggie Halloween costumes were calling out for a model.  After several different ones, Yoda was picture worthy!  I thought the new Midnight Hour background cut file was a perfect complement to the photo.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/486393267/the-midnight-hour-background-cut-file-is?ref=shop_home_active_1

I knew I wanted to use the design in the background, but I didn't want to make it the full background of the layout.  So I decided to cut a large star design from White cardstock, and then added The Midnight Hour cut file behind it.  I also layered a subtle patterned paper behind the cut file, to complete the look.  And I can't have a layout without machine stitching, so I stitched around the large star shape.


I also thought it would be fun to tilt my photo, title and embellishments to flow with the tilt of the large star shape.  I used a mix of Crate Paper collections, including After Dark and Gather.  Sounds like an odd combo, but the designs on the Gather patterned papers were generic enough to fit right in with the embellishments from the After Dark collection.

   
I finished the layout with a few Happy Halloween wood veneers, that are also available in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.  And I splattered a bit of Black Color Shine over the layout, to tie everything together!

We've got everything you need for your Halloween projects, so stop by TCS Etsy store to check out all of the Halloween cut files, Ghost Town Digital/Printable collection, Happy Halloween Wood Veneers, and Halloween Acrylic.  Here's a look at all of the new cut file sets, you'll find in the shop today.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
  
SUPPLIES USED: 
Scrapbook.com: Thousands of scrapbooking supplies. HUGE daily discounts!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment