Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Advent Calendar - Product Swap with Pretty Little Studio





Hello everyone! Enza here with you today with a project for the week-long product swap with Pretty Little Studio.

I love Christmas! It is my favorite holiday. Lots of crafting going on for me at this time of the year! I had been thinking about making an Advent calendar for quite some time, but never got around to it. When I saw the Tinsel Town collection designed by Ashley Horton for Pretty Little Studio I could not resist. I had purchased a wooden frame from Michaels a few weeks back and thought it would be perfect for the idea I had in mind.


I used a lot of different cut files: Decked out (which is free in the Sassy Scrappers store), Under the Mistletoe (another free cut file you can find on The Cut Shoppe blog), Tree farm, Tinsel Town, and Wreathed in love.




The first thing I did was cut all the fun little boxes. I wanted to have a variety of them, so you can find gift boxes, pillow boxes, envelopes, and gift card holders.


 I love the die-cuts that come in the collection. There are so many of them and all as cute as can be!



I cut the Under the Mistletoe cut file from two different type of cardstock and adhered one on top of the other. I love the effect the layering creates.


The Noel frames are one of my favorite products. I backed them with some of the patterned acetate sheets in the collection and decorated them with cut aparts, cut files, and die-cuts. For day 18, I also used some of the fun paper that comes in the packaging.


 A few ornaments here and there add more texture and dimension.




I really love how this Advent calendar turned out. The Tinsel Town collection is just beautiful. Don't forget to check out all the awesome cut files available in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store. For the whole month of December you can use the code MERRY31 to get 31% off your total purchase.


Last but not least, you can win a $25 Gift Certificate to The Cut Shoppe Etsy store by leaving a comment on TCS Blog each day throughout the week. A winner will be announced on Monday, December 12th.

Have fun joining in all of the Christmas inspiration this week!

Thank you for stopping by!











10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, so beautiful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!
    I love the whole
    concept and the
    daily count down
    tags are so pretty
    and festive.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone, for the sweet comments 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the frame as a way to display the envelopes. I made a calendar too but the envelopes are just in a basket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW... this is amazing project! LOVE all the die cuts you use on your advent pockets.

    ReplyDelete