Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December Magic

.

Hello everyone!,

Nathalie here with you today.   I love Christmas;  it is my favorite time of the year as we get together to celebrate family.   I especially like capturing and documenting those small moments when all you can see is love, I call them "December Magic".






I  wanted to capture the Christmas feeling of the memory, so I played around with the newly released Stained Glass cut file to create the background for this piece.  I just highlighted one of the circles on the cut file.  After tracing it I released the path, and deleted the outer circle (as it had small lines from the other circles to which it was attached).  I created a new circle around the image using the Circle Drawing tool on the Silhouette software.  The new figure was copy and resized until I was satisfied with the background created.








I simply used a combination of vellum, and papers from Pretty Little Studio's Holly Jolly collection to  back the cut-out.     All the embelishments around the picture of my kids (a few years back) comes from the same collection.  Here are a few close ups of the  project:



I used an exacto  knife to cut the little stars inide each of the figures.



I used foam adhesive to attach the papers to the cut our.  This adds a lot of  dimension to the background





The picture is framed with pieces from the Holy Jolly collection











I hope this inspires you to visit the Cut Shoppe, to pick this and the many beautiful cut files available,  Don't forget that there is still a few days left to use the code MERRY31 to obtain 31% of your purchase.





Remember to use the tag #thecutshoppe when sharing your creations on social media, we are always excited to see how you use the Cut Shoppe products.

Happy Holidays, and a blessed New Year!









No comments:

Post a Comment