Monday, December 12, 2016

December Story

Hi there,
 
Zsoka here with you today with a new layout!
 
It's winter and while I am not big on doing fall and winter layouts (probably because the weather here is awful, ha!), when I saw the Tinsel Town cut file set, I knew I had to create one!
 
 
I picked the deer which is also my favourite image in Tinsel Town, Ashley's Christmas collection for Pretty Little Studio.
 

I had some scraps from last year's Pinkfresh Studio Christmas collection, Christmas Wishes and since I loved that collection I really wanted to use those up. I mixed in some papers from this year's collection, Oh Joy too. Thankfully they work great together!
 
I cut my scraps into strips and glued them on the negative shape of the cut file. Once done, I glued the outline on top. This was a bit tricky with this particular cut file, because it is a very thin outline and I cut off the bottom so the piece did not hold its shape. It did not turn out perfect but I still like the way it looks! I distressed the edges of my strips to give them a bit of depth. I used 3d glue dots to pop up my deer and give some dimension to my layout.
 
 
I then had the idea that it would be fun to add embellishments to the antlers in a way that they resemble Christmas lights. So I added some red twine and randomly glued some embellishments on it, puffy stickers, acrylic shapes and acetate shapes.

 
 
For my title I wanted something small, so it doesn't overpower the deer. I picked one of the acetate pieces from the ephemera pack. I love the font and the pop of red it adds to the layout.
 

I added my journaling below my title. I tucked in my photo under the cut file on the right side and also added my date on the right bottom side.


 I hope you like how this layout turned out! Thank you for stopping by X

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=l2-shopheader-name


2 comments: