Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Dream

Hello there, friends! Enza here with you today to share a Christmas layout created with the Totally Triangles and Very Merry cut files.

 


I had been thinking about using the Totally Triangles cut file for a while. As I thought it would be perfect for a masculine layout, I was just waiting to create a page about my son with it. After cutting it out though, I realized I could make those triangles look like little Christmas trees by just backing them with some patterned paper and gluing a star on top. I liked the colors in the Pink Paislee Moonstruck collection and decided to go for it. Although the pink and blue hues are a little unusual for the theme of the layout, I really liked the final result and the magical feel of it.


To keep the page light and soft, I decided to back only some of the triangles with different patterned papers. The idea was to create an horizontal design. I also added some stitching, alternating gold and white embroidery floss for extra texture. The acrylic stars are part of Ashley's Tinsel Town collection.


 I wanted to create more separation between the picture and the background, so I printed a copy of the same photo in black and white and placed it behind the one in color.


Next, the little presents. I cut them out of white cardstock and backed them with more papers from the collection. As I thought they were blending too much with the background, I outlined the image to create a little border. Some sequins and a few rub-ons from the collection completed the layout.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my process. Visit The Cut Shoppe Etsy store for these and many more inspiring cut files.

Remember to use the code MERRY31 to get 31% off your total purchase. This coupon is valid until the end of the month!


 Thank you for stopping by and have a very happy holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment