Thursday, December 1, 2016

Have a Cuppa!

Hey everyone! It's Monique on the blog today sharing a layout created with the "Free Falling" cut file; a cut file from some time ago, but as it's still one of my favorites I really wanted to share it with you.

As you can see there isn't a whole lot of cutting going on on my page! I decided I'd much rather stitch the image of the cut file on my page instead of a cut image, so I used one of my sketch pens instead of the blade in my Silhouette Cameo.


Here's what I did. I chose the "Free Falling" cut file from the The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store and opened it in my Silhouette Cameo. Once opened I selected only the "cuppa" image and deleted the other images: 


Next I resized the image and decided where I wanted to sketch it:


As I didn't want the sketched image show through my stitching I wanted to draw the design on the back of my white cardstock background. I selected the image, right clicked and flipped the image horizontally:


Next I adjusted my cut settings from "blade" to "sketch pen" and clicked "send to Silhouette". 


Mind to adhere your cardstock upside down on the sticky mat (I forgot!). Use a paper piercing tool to pierce little holes in your cardstock (which is on the back of your layout) following the lines of the sketched image. Turn the page around, choose different colors of embroidery thread and stitch the pierced holes:


For my layout I used last year's Christmas collection from Pretty Little Studio: Merry & Bright. Here's another close-up of my page: 


And this is the "Free Falling" cut file from The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store I used:


For this cut file and many many more check out The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store. Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! Have fun creating!


2 comments: