Saturday, December 17, 2016

Home Decor-Joy


Hi friends!  Candace here with you to share a December decor project using the free cut file this week, Joy Wreath.  If you missed it the other day you can pick it up here



As soon as I saw this cut file I knew I wanted to use it for a holiday decor project.  First I separated the wreath from the Joy sentiment in my Silhouette software.  Next, I cut the Joy out of an extra piece of vinyl I had in my stash.  After adhering the vinyl to a piece of wood I made sure to burnish the file to make sure there were no spaces between the vinyl and wood.  



I used a sponge brush to sponge on the paint.  Because of the texture of the wood I had to use a sponge instead of a regular brush to dab on the paint.



After I finished applying the paint to the wood I let the paint completely dry for about and hour.  Once I double checked to make sure that the paint was dry I gently peeled back the vinyl.  To add a little more interest I gently sanded across the word in certain spots to distress the wood a bit more.  For a final touch I added a bit of distressed red twine to the top and bottom of the wood tied in the back.




I love the final project!  It is perfect to match the decor in my home along with my dark red wall in the kitchen!  I would love to see what home decor projects you create with the lovely files in the shop!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a beautiful holiday!

Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment