Saturday, February 25, 2017

Make a Wish!

Hi crafty friends! Kelly here to share a new layout using The Party On Cut File.



In Cricut Design Space I resized the "Make A Wish" sentiment from The Party On Cut File to approximately 13.5". Now if you are familiar with DS, then you know the largest image you can cut on a 12x12 cutting mat is 11.5". But I wanted my sentiment to fill the entire background and 11.5" just wasn't large enough. I continued to the cutting mat with my large 13.5" sentiment and repositioned the cut file by rotating it on the cut screen. I made sure that the cut file was placed within the 12" on the cutting mat and then sent the image to the machine. This worked perfectly! I was able to use my 12" cutting mat but cut the image at 13.5".


I cut the sentiment on both white and black cardstock. I then used the white cardstock to create a shadow effect behind the black cardstock. Next I backed the cut file with a pattern paper from the Bella Blvd-Alex Collection and added hand stitching around all of the letters. I then added 2 photos to my layout from my son's birthday along with embellishments & ephemera from Crate Paper-Cool Kid Collection and the Bella Blvd-Alex Collection.





I love enlarging cut files on my layouts. It always helps the design come together quickly because it helps fill the page.


I recorded a process video that shows how this layout came together. It also includes a Cricut Design Space tutorial showing you exactly how I cut this image in DS.



Thanks for joining me today and remember to head to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the cut files!




No comments:

Post a Comment