Sunday, October 22, 2017

Mug Shot! | Elsie Robinson

Hey TCS fans, Elsie here with a new layout! I think you can all agree that Autumn seems to have become the season of flavoured coffee. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are everywhere, which is actually what inspired this this layout! Even though I really don't like Pumpkin Spice Lattes... Eek! I prefer the Christmas themed Lattes ;)

But anyway, here's my layout!


I firstly started by cutting out and backing one of the new cut files in the store 'The Great Pumpkin'. I cut it into three different sizes, the biggest pumpkin was about 6 inches wide. However, the paper was cut so thin that I definitely did not have the patience to carefully take the smaller pumpkins off the mat, so I ended up completely destroying them - oops!


Although this was easily fixed, as I used the offset tool in my Silhouette software to make the pumpkins a little wider. I made sure not to increase the width of the lines too much as I like the style of thinner lines. It worked perfectly the second time around!


I also used a leaf cut file from the 'Funky Florals' set for my pumpkin leaves because I wanted larger leaves on them to contrast with the bold orange and red patterns I backed the pumpkin cut files with.


I used the coffee mugs from the 'Cuppa Joe' set, and cut three of them out so I could scatter them amongst the pumpkins! I decided not to use either of the phrases on the cups and just cut the outlines instead.

I knew this would be a busy page and my title was going to be big element so I think to have those phrases on the cups as well, would've made the page a little too chaotic!


I love the title of this page, and it comes from 'The Java Script' set. I originally just cut the title from patterned paper but it wasn't standing out enough, so I offset the title and cut that shape from white card stock and matted the patterned piece onto that, which made it stand out a lot more!


Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'll see you soon for more layouts :)





3 comments: