Wednesday, November 29, 2017

"Autumn" by Jill

Hello!  I hope you all had a delicious and peaceful Thanksgiving!  I'm still in a Fall mood, even though Winter is coming sooner than I would like, so I'm using up all my Fall products and living in denial that Christmas is less than a month away.

This layout is a tribute to the gorgeous tree and all of it's beautiful leaves in our backyard.  I wanted to use the lovely Vintage Wallpaper cut file from The Cut Shoppe mixed with the perfect papers from a Fall kit I received a while back.  I started by sizing the file as large as I could on my 12x12 mat, then cut it from a goldenrod solid paper.


Next, I cut the file again from a pale pink, removing the most interior cut lines so I could back the starburst center.


The last step was to remove all interior cut lines and cut the file again with the black floral paper.


I used tissue paper and a few torn patterned papers behind the photo of my daughter's playhouse, then added cork and die cut embellishments plus a flair badge below the title.


I know the Vintage Quilt cut file will be used again and again on my scrapbook pages, and want to try and size it so I can put it in a Traveler's Notebook spread.  The possibilities are endless!


Thanks for stopping by The Cut Shoppe blog today!  Happy Creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment