Thursday, February 8, 2018

Butterfly Love | Elsie Robinson

Hey friends, it's Elsie here! Butterflies are one of my favourite embellishments to use on my scrapbook pages, so the Social Butterfly cut file is one of my all time TCS faves! So I decided to make it the focus of this scrapbook page...


Even though this cut file would make an awesome background for one of your pages, it's really easy to use the butterflies individually.

To do this I used the knife tool in my Silhouette software to separate one of the butterflies from the rest background. 


The edges will look really messy once you've done this, but it's easy enough to edit the points (do this by double clicking on the butterfly) and neaten up the edges. And voila, you have a single butterfly to use as an embellishment!


I cut the butterfly multiple times in different sizes from white cardstock, as I knew I wanted to have a trail of butterflies going from big to little.

I also cut the outlines of the butterflies from patterned paper to back the white butterfly with. 


To create some dimension, I only glued and stitched on the body of the butterflies. This meant that the butterfly wings curled up and created a cute and dimensional look.


These butterfly embellishments were so easy to create and use on one of my pages. I'm really pleased with the results, so I hope you try this out on one of your next projects!

Have a great day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment