Thursday, April 26, 2018

New Cut Files | Happy Details

Thursdays are always my favorite day of the week, because it's time for NEW Cut Files to be revealed!  I love creating the designs, using them on my projects, and seeing how all of you use them too!  Today, we've got a fun variety of designs available and I decided to work with the Girl Power cut file set on my layout.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/610250797/the-girl-power-cut-file-includes-4?ref=shop_home_feat_4


Banners always create a fun look on a layout, so I cut three of the XO banners for my page.  I used the Carousel collection from Crate Paper and cut each banner from a different patterned paper.  Then I backed each one with a different patterned paper.  I love combining different patterns and colors on my projects, and this is a fun way to do it.




I placed each of the banners on a wood grain paper from the Carousel collection and then I stitched each one on my sewing machine.  I love the little bit of texture the stitching added to the cut file.  I placed my photo on the right hand side of the page and added a few embellishments around it, to draw the eye.


Once I had the photo in place, I used some of the puffy stickers to create my title.  I used the bottom banner as a guide for adding the letters, and I love the way they follow the curved line of the banner.  To finish the layout, I placed a bow on each banner and then balanced the design with some chipboard stickers and puffy stickers on each row.

You can find the Girl Power cut file in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store today, along with three other new cut file sets.  Head over and check them out and pick up your favorites for upcoming projects!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment