Wednesday, August 17, 2016

#WIDN

Hello everyone! It's Zinia here to share a really fun mixed media layout I created using the Washi Love cut file from The Cut Shoppe.



So my idea was to cut these washi tape strips out of white cardstock and "dip" them in some colorful modeling paste. I used a lot of modeling paste because I wanted a thick layer for each stripe. This way when I placed the cut files on top of the wet texture paste, it went through the little holes and created a background rich in texture and dimension.


I used a couple of different products to color the modeling paste to match the shades I wanted. You can really use any type of inks or paints you have in your collection. Just be careful not to add to much when you use liquids or you will ruin the consistency of the modeling paste.


To embellish the layout I used a bunch of bits and pieces from different collections. I added some layers behind my photo including some vellum and tangled thread for more texture and variety.


Since my photo was very light, I decided to add some stamping on it for my title and "journaling". There's really not much as far as embellishing goes. The background was already too beautiful to cover up so I let it be in the spotlight.


I really hope you got inspired to create something gorgeous using the beautiful cut files Ashley offers at The Cut Shoppe. Until next time, happy scrapping.







No comments:

Post a Comment